If you have struggled to lose weight or have never tried to lose weight before, you may fall victim to a dreaded event …
The motivation to lose weight does not always exist.
Of course, right at the beginning of your weight loss journey, you are excited and reluctant to leave.
Maybe you’re trying a new diet plan, a new fitness plan, or just starting a new gym or fitness class.
But the key word here is “new.”
Once the feeling of a new beginning disappears and weight loss slows down, you are struck by the alarming truth – weight loss is awful. It’s hard. And the motivation fades.
One thing that can really help you when you feel less excited about working out to achieve your weight loss goals is fitness and weight loss quotes.
Sometimes all it takes is an inspirational kick in the pants to get off the couch and get to your feet!
Here are 40 inspirational fitness quotes that will inspire you to gain that hot body you want and deserve.
* This post contains affiliate links
Top 40 Motivational Quotes for Weight Loss
1) “It must be hard so that you never forget.” -Bob Harper
2) “Weight loss does not start in the gym with a dumbbell; start with a decision in your head. ” -Toni Sorenson
3) “Eliminate the mentality of not being able to – because you can do anything.” – Tony Horton
4) “If you have discipline, impetus and determination, nothing is impossible.” -Dana Linn Bailey
5) “Make time for that. Just finish. No one has ever become strong or in shape thinking about it. They did it. “-Jim Wendler
6) “Fitness is like marriage, you can’t cheat and expect it to work.” -Bonnie Pfiester
7) “If it doesn’t challenge you, it won’t change you.” – Jenna Wolfe
8) “It will be a journey. It’s not a sprint to get in shape. ” – Kerri Walsh Jennings
9) “Exercise should be seen as a tribute to the heart.” – Gene Tunney
10) “You didn’t lose all your weight in one day; you will not lose it in a day. Be patient with yourself. ” – Jenna Wolfe
11) “I always thought that if you take care of your body, it will take care of you.” -Ted Lindsay
12) “Taking care of my health today gives me better hope for tomorrow.” -Anne Wilson Schaef
13) “If you do not do what is best for your body, you are the one who comes out on top.” -Julius Erving
14) “Losing weight can change your whole character. This has always amazed me: losing weight changes your personality. It changes your philosophy of life because you recognize that you are capable of using your mind to change your body. ” -Jean Nidetch
15) “The most important thing I want to convey is that maintaining weight loss is simply difficult. It takes dedication to exercise and eating right most of the time. ” -Trisha Yearwood
16) “While weight loss is important, the most important thing is the quality of the food you put in your body – food is information that quickly changes your metabolism and genes.” – Mark Hyman
17) “After a lifetime of losing weight and gaining weight, I understand. No matter how you slice it, weight loss is reduced to the simple formula of calories entered, calories out. ” -Valeri Bertinelli
18) “Reducing calories is not the answer to successful weight loss and successful health… you need to increase the quality of what you eat, not just reduce the amount.” -Joel Fuhrman
19) “The true pride, the true present, is your health and longevity. Throughout my career, I have never done anything in which competition has been implicated in weight loss. ” -Richard Simmons
20) “Here’s the secret to losing weight: it’s all about kicking, not cutting.” -Kathy Freston
21) “It takes about four days of virtuous life to create a little weight loss. If you manage to get through the third day of a fitness regimen, things get better. ” -Martha Beck
22) “I think the greatest gift you can give your family and the world is a healthy you.” – Joyce Meyer
23) “In order to enjoy the brilliance of good health, you need to exercise.” – Gene Tunney
24) “Keeping the body healthy is a duty, otherwise we will not be able to keep our minds strong and clear.” -Buddha
25) “Take care of your body. It’s the only place you have to live. ” -Jim Rohn
26) “Health is the crown on the head of a healthy person, which only the sick person can see.” -Robin Sharma
27) “Healthy citizens are the greatest asset that any country can have.” -Winston Churchill
28) “If you are too busy to train, your priorities need to change. I can’t think of anything more important than your health. ” -Rolsey
29) “We know that food is a medicine, perhaps the most powerful medicine on the planet with the power to cause or cure most diseases.” -Dr. Mark Hyman
30) “Give a man health and a way of driving and he will never stop worrying about whether he is happy or not.” -George Bernard Shaw
31) “It is not a measure of health to be well adapted to a deeply ill society.” -Jiddu Krishnamurti
32) “Time and health are two precious goods that we do not recognize and appreciate until they are exhausted.” – Denis Waitley
33) “If we could provide each individual with the right amount of food and exercise, neither too little nor too much, we would have found the safest way to health.” – Hippocrates
34) “The greatest of all folly is to sacrifice the health of any other kind of happiness.” – Arthur Schopenhauer
35) “The main condition on which life, health and vigor depend is action. Through action, an organism develops its faculties, increases its energy and achieves the fulfillment of its destiny. ” -Colin Powell
36) “Health is a state of complete harmony of body, mind and spirit. When one is free from physical disabilities and mental distractions, the gates of the soul open. ” -BKS Iyengar
37) “A healthy body is a guest room for the soul; a sick body is a prison. ” -Bacon Francis
38) “The doctor of the future will not give medicines, but will interest his patients in the care of the human body, in nutrition and in the causes and prevention of diseases.” – Thomas Edison
39) “To ensure good health: eat lightly, breathe deeply, live in moderation, cultivate joy, and maintain an interest in life.” -William Londen
40) “Health is a relationship between you and your body.” – Terry Guillemets